Although the male chaffinch has been a regular visitor recently, the female comes quite infrequently, so I rarely get a chance to photograph her. The light was very poor though – see the ISO setting!
The extra below is the exceptionally scruffy blue tit – it seems perfectly fit though, despite its appearance.
The main highlight of the day however was that these photos were all taken with the Fujifilm X-H1 using the camera app on the old iPhone to control it! I have spent so much time over the last weeks trying to get this app to work reliably – normally getting it to connect at all is very challenging, and the connection is dropped after 5 or 10 minutes. I have spent many hours trying different things, and studied many on-line reports and reviews, and almost all of the reports on the internet indicate that most people have similar experience, and the app is is rated as low as is possible! Just recently I have tried a different way of setting it up (suggested by a user in the comments on one review), and this seems to give an initial connection with very few problems, and the regularity with which the connection is dropped seems improved – today I managed about an hour without problems – until the battery on the camera was empty. Subsequently the connection has dropped after 15 minutes on one other test, but I will be trying again tomorrow.