Hydrangea

I expect I’ll be photographing it again later when the flowers open.

Yesterday was 127 day, so mainly a day for film in the TLRs. I finished 2 films, but had problems with winding on with both. The Yeshiva made a real mess of things, and it took an hour later on to resolve (I hope!) the problems. It started when I did not follow the correct sequence in loading the film, and steadily got worse, and even when the film was removed I had a lot of trouble trying to load a new film, as the mechanical system seemed to have got itself into a real mess. Then the Baby Rollei turned out to not have fully advanced the film after the last frame, despite the fact that the wind-on knob was rotating freely. This turned out to be due to the slotted shaft on the film take up spool having sheared – an all-plastic modern one which had been in an earlier roll of Rera film. This would just be annoying, but the broken parts are now jammed inside the wind-on knob so that I cannot load another film….

Most of my photographs were taken when I got home, using a new macro lens which arrived during the day. It’s fully manual, and I’m finding it a bit more difficult to cope with than I expected, not so much for focussing,  but the absence of indications on the camera screens when adjusting for lighting conditions is awkward. I mostly used that lens again today, after I had taken yesterday’s films to the post box to send for processing, and I’m getting more used to it, but it is still a considerable challenge, and a slow process, which is fine for plants, but not insects.

About Mike Hessey

I'm a BOF (Boring Old Fellow) and MOS (Miserable Old Soul) whose main interests are photography, cycling, walking and computers. Regrettably recent problems with my legs, back and heart have reduced the cycling and walking.
This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.